Re: Install problem with AHA 2940 SCSI (older PC)

On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 01:34:08PM +0200, Jason Quigley wrote:

> > I partitioned the HD into a 925 MB linux partition (type 83) and an 80 MB
> > Linux swap partition (type 82).  I tried this setup because the install
> > manual suggested as much swap space as you have memory.
> >

> IIRC, and this is for all you people who used to run NT Server on the box
> and therefore probably had lots of memory just to get it to boot (:-), swap
> only uses the first 128MB of a swap partition, so don't waste disk space on
> large swap partitions, create multiple partitions of 128MB.

Um, no, that changed with 2.2.  (Of course, if performance is a concern,
it would be best to have one swap partition per physical drive to spread
the load.)  The current limit on x86 is 2G.

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting