Re: setting up multi boot system

I have one hard drive that ive already partitioned. I was going to setup debian on the un used half. So you see I can't unpulg my hard disk. Will this be a problem?

It sounds like you will have Debian on one drive and Windows on
another.  You can use 'lilo' to boot one or the other.  There shouldn't
be any trouble with one OS messing with the other in this circumstance.
During the initial installation you might want to unplug your HD with
Windows on it just to make sure no mistakes are made and you partition
that drive accidentally.  One other thing you might consider is vmware.
I've never used it but from what I understand if you have enough memory
it works pretty well.  You can install vmware on either windows or linux
and then run other operating systems from within that operating system
so you don't have to reboot each time to switch.
hth,
kent