Re: setting up multi boot system

I just got home from work, sorry for the late reply.  I've only
installed Windows and Linux on a single disk once.  Maybe someone with a
little more experience in this area could step up to the plate?  Anyway
have you read the installation instructions at --
http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/install

You should if you haven't, in particular read the Partitioning section.
I'm assuming your using x86 architecture.  If not there are other
instructions if you need them at the debian site.  Questions I have for
you:

What did you partition the drive with, a Dos based fdisk or say a Linux
based fdisk or cfdisk?

Does this drive already have windows on it?

Have you tried installing yet?

With my drive I had to use 'fips' in order to "cut" the windows
partition off from the rest of the drive and then I could go in with
cfdisk and partition the rest of it for Linux.  Read the doc, tell a
little more about what you are doing and someone will jump in and help
out.  Remember if you have to use the 'fips' program there is no
guarantee you won't loose info on your windows side.  If that
information is critical for you, I would recommend buying another drive
and/or back up your data.
hth,
kent