Re: HDA is crashing..How can I duplicate it?

>How about booting from a rescue disk with its own filesystem, mounting

Where to get / how to create such a floppy? (Like a
mini-debug-admin-system on floppy; that'd be neat)

>the old drive under /old, the new one under /new and then issuing as
>root:
> % cd /old
> % tar cvf /new/backup.tar *
> % cd /new
> % tar xvf backup.tar

Or you could use "cp -av /old /new 2>>/cp-err 1>>/cp-msgs" after having
mkfs'd and mounted the new drive. Then check cp-err and cp-msgs after
it's done. You could probably also use rsync if you have that installed.

HTH
Sven