Re: Compiling kernels

On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 12:41:21AM +0100, Lee Elliott wrote:

> This seems to work ok - SMP is enabled and the SCSI controller works -
> but during the load process, immediately after "Calculating module
> dependencies" I get a lot of "insmod *** unresolved symbols in
> lib/modules/x.x.x/misc/abcde messages displayed.  I haven't been able to
There are probably old modules that you are no longer using lying around
in the /lib/modules/x.x.x/ tree. I found that removing (or renaming) the
existing directory stops these errors.

Apart from this, I would recommend using kernel-package as this allows
the package management system to know what's going on.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Please, won't somebody tell me what diddie-wa-diddie means?