Re: Compiling kernels

I've compiled umpteen kernels with 2.95, don't know what that fuss is
about. As for the errors, I thought the make clean came after the make
modules, make modules_install. I was under the impression that the order
went:

make menuconfig (or xconfig etc)
make dep
make modules
make modules_install
make clean
make bzImage
make bzlilo

Funnily enough following this procedure gives me no problems whatsoever,
except for the fact that it shows up as #2 even though ive done this
process once :) What part of these 'makes' increments the rev. number I
wonder. Anyway I suggest do a make clean again, clean is meant to remove
the redundant stuff after a make modules, iirc.

Cheers,
 Corey Popelier
 http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~pancreas
 Work Email: copo@commerce.wa.gov.au