Re: Licq from KDE2?

Brad <lists@anomie.ods.org> wrote:

[licq-plugin-qt2]

>You _could_ use one of the other UI plugins; there's a few GTK-based and
>one that runs in a console. i've never tried any of them, so i can't
>speak for how well they work. I don't know if they've been Debianized
>yet.

I have an unofficial .deb of licq-plugin-gtk at:

  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~cjwatson/debian/

It's a little buggy, but mostly seems to work; I use it all the time.
The easiest way to switch is to replace 'qt-gui' in the [plugins]
section of your ~/.licq/licq.conf with 'gtk_gui' (note the
hyphen/underscore difference); it's possible to switch using the plugin
manager, I think, but it's fiddly due to multiple front-ends to licq
appearing on the screen at the same time. :)