Re: Netscape6 vs Potato

Vitux <viggovap@mail.worldonline.dk> writes:

> Forgive me if this is obvious, but I can't crack this one:
> I was hoping to try out Netscape6.0 in potato, but it
> complains about a missing "libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2". While
> dselect was still working, I did a search for it, but nothing
> turned up. Anybody know what FM to R or which pkg this is in?

One option is to build it yourself (this way you can also disable the
mail/news component). This requires about 100-200M disk-space and
the development-tools (binutils, compiler, make [..]) and it's a 20M
download (you can use patches to upgrade ;-). It should be just
decompress, ./configure --disable*/--enable* && make

I think on www.mozilla.org it is mentioned that the linux-binaries
are built on Redhat 6.1. Thus I conclude that they will be linked against
the latest (stable) libstdc++: 2.90 (maybe you can find out by searching
the rpm-database on rpmfind.net ?). This will be the case if the compiler
is gcc 2.95.2 (and I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be the
default compiler).

--
Felix Natter