Suspend and X

Hi!

I'm running potato + kernel 2.2.14 on my laptop, a Dell Inspiron 7000. I
used to be able to susend the thing without any problems at all, but
then something happend. I can't recall that I changed anything or that I
did see any updates on apmd. Now I can only suspend when I am in console
mode. When I try it under X, the thing just freezes. I can tell that it
does something right because it shuts down my pcmcia card before
freezing. I have tried to recompile the kernel with different apm
options and I have tried to run X with different window managers, but
nothing helped. I have no clue on what to do now. Any ideas?

TIA

Mats