Re: Fetchmail

#1 tell me what mail transfer agent you're using (sendmail, exim, smail,
qmail, etc.)

#2 send me the output of the following commands:

ps wwaxl|grep <whatevermtayouuse>
grep <whatevermtayouuse> /etc/inetd.conf
ps wwaxl|grep inetd
ls -l /etc/rc2.d|grep <whatevermtayouuse>

replace the <whatevermtayouuse>'s with either sendmail, postfix, qmail,
exim, smail, whatever.

Unless you do that, all I can tell you is what the computer is telling
you... you're not running an MTA.

Good luck.

-Dan

PS, I've copied the list.  Many eyes and brains are better than one.
someone else might be able to help you better than I can.

--
"... the most serious problems in the Internet have been caused by
unenvisaged mechanisms triggered by low-probability events; mere human