naming kernel images (potato)

Whenever I've built a kernel I've used the following syntax:

# make-kpkg --rev tux.1.0 kernel_image

where "tux" identifies the machine to me and "1.0" identifies which of
my revisions of the kernel I'm dealing with.

I install the resulting kernel-image-...-.deb with dpkg -i.

I recently upgraded a box to potato, grabbed the source for
kernel-2.2.15, and built and installed a kernel. No worries.

But,

# apt-get update ; apt-get -s upgrade

offered to upgrade kernel-image-2.2.15 for me.  :-(

I definitely don't want that to happen. It's never happened before under
slink, hamm, bo, or rex that I recall.

Deep in the vague recesses of my memory I seem to recall an issue
similar to this being discussed, with a suggestion for naming kernel
images to avoid the problem.

Details, anyone? Thanks.

Cheers,
 Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\