LILO boot problem

Hi all

I have trouble setting up LILO correctly. :-(
When booting LILO V20 (on other distro), I get "error 0x02". This is
when I try to boot debian potato from a different disk (/dev/hdb) using
the other distro's LILO. (Other distro is on /dev/sda)

This is what (part of) my config file looks like:

# Start LILO global Section
boot=/dev/sda
#compact        # faster, but won't work on all systems.
read-only
prompt
timeout=40
vga = normal    # force sane state
# End LILO global section

[...]

image = /vmlinuz
root = /dev/sda3
label = Normal

other = /dev/hdb
label = potato
#root = /dev/hdb1

On /dev/hdb, where debian resides, I have set up another LILO config
file and installed it and LILO into /dev/hdb and /dev/hdb1(this is the
kernel-partition).

What do I need to do next?!

Thanks
Sven