Re: inetd forgot to set...

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, maxine wrote:

> Hi -Posted yesterday morning with a problem I was having with NFS-common
> at boot.  The problem was:
> starting NFS common:  statd lockd rpc.statd forgot to set AF_INET in udp
> sendmsg. FIX IT!
> Just to see I decided to remove the NFS COmmon package.  I did this and
> rebooted.  I then noticed that the message had changed to:
>
> inetd forgot to set AF_INET in udp sendmsg.  FIX IT!  I have looke at
> inetd files and the man pages for socket, udp, and sendmsg.  I still
> can't figure out what I need to tell debian.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I was trying to get NFS working a month or so ago and ran into the same
problem, then got sidetracked when upgrading to the latest release of
everything and haven't looked at it since ( #18 on the ToDo list).

I found that the "forgot to set AF_INET in udp sendmsg. Fix it!" message
was coming from .../net/ipv4/udp.c in the kernel source.  I also had
"mountd[pid#]: getfh failed; Function not implemented" messages when I
tried starting NFS from the command line (i.e., "/etc/init.d/nfs-*
restart", etc.); other stuff also appeared when starting up manually
"RPC: sendmsg returned error 101", and "portmap: server localhost not
responding, timed out", but these seemed to stem from whatever was
causing udp_mesdmesg in udp.c to spit out the "forgot to
set..." error.

later,

	Bruce