Re: 3Dfx X Server and drivers

Hi there,
         I can confirm that the 3dfx drivers work fine with Debian, both
with 'Slink' running 2.0.36 and 2.2.14. I just grabbed the files from
3dfx's Linux site, converted them with alien and installed. You will
probably need to manually install the actual driver as the dpkg install
didn't install the driver in /dev. If I remember correctly I moved the
driver to /dev and set up the symlink by hand. All then worked fine. Run
3dfx's test programs to check. If you look at the driver source in the
directory you built the driver in all should be clear.

HTH JohnG

32865e97b5342e762ab140e00f3da23b - Just 'Debian'