3Dfx X Server and drivers

Has anyone gotten the 3Dfx drivers and X Server to work in Debian? they
distributed the packages as rpm's and I couldn't get them to convert and
install using alien and had problems using Debian's rpm package as well
(gave me a bunch of file or directory doesn't exist and dependency errors).
I'm running 2.2.1 for a kernel with the latest stable packages for Debian.
The card I have is a Voodoo3 2000. Any help would be appreciated.

Kele Kravelin
kravelin@furcen.org