Re: 3Dfx X Server and drivers

    > Has anyone gotten the 3Dfx drivers and X Server to work in
    > Debian? they distributed the packages as rpm's and I couldn't
    > get them to convert and install using alien and had problems
    > using Debian's rpm package as well (gave me a bunch of file or
    > directory doesn't exist and dependency errors).  I'm running
    > 2.2.1 for a kernel with the latest stable packages for Debian.
    > The card I have is a Voodoo3 2000. Any help would be
    > appreciated.

I think the easiest solution right now is to get the 3.3.6 packages.
Add the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://samosa.debian.org/~branden slink/

update, and download away.

Then wait a few months until potato gets out and hope for Xfree86 4.0
to get packages.  Or you could compile from scratch if you want...

Good luck.

Marshal