Re: Simple Text Editor with Synatx highlighting?

Frank Barknecht wrote:

[cut]

> Hey, no problem here with highlighting that code snippet using
>
> VIM - Vi IMproved 5.6 (2000 Jan 16, compiled Feb 10 2000 17:28:27)
> (official wichert debian package)

Hey, where can I get that?  The one from frozen (vim-perl 5.6.070-1, vim
compiled May 1), gets backspace and other keystrokes all screwed up, on
any telnet client I care to use.  I mean, even when I just do a ':q' I
get a 'c' in front of my command prompt!  Also, does not do perl syntax
highlighting, that I can see.  WTF is up with that?  Back to 5.3.  This
is unusable for me.

[apt-get remove vim-perl, fix sources.list, apt-get install vim-perl,
time passes...]

Ahhh, relief, 5.3 still works for me...