Re: Simple Text Editor with Synatx highlighting?

Steve Lamb hat gesagt: // Steve Lamb wrote:

>     Vim.  I've not seen a problem with its highlighting that didn't also
> improve the readability of my code when I got in the habit of getting it to
> colorize right.  The /only/ perl construct I know of that doesn't work is
> something like this:
>
> if ($foo =~ /bar\/blam/){
> }
>
>     Vim would see the \/, see a / and mess up the colorization right there.
> However, this fixes it:
>
> if ($foo =~ m/bar\/blam/){
> }

Hey, no problem here with highlighting that code snippet using

VIM - Vi IMproved 5.6 (2000 Jan 16, compiled Feb 10 2000 17:28:27)
(official wichert debian package)

Regardless if you set or omit the "m" Vim colorizes this fine. Even some
old syntax bugs with here docs have been fixed for some time now. So I
would really recommend VIM for perl, too.

bye
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______