Re: Simple Text Editor with Synatx highlighting?

Richard Klinda wrote:

> Hoi Frank, ALL!
>
>   Frank> I'm using joe for many purposes. The only feature I miss is
>   Frank> syntax highlighting in C. Are there any hints for such a
>   Frank> small and fast editor in Debian with that feature built in?
>
> fte, vim, jed  (emacs ;-))

This leads to a question I've been interested in.  I've noticed vim's
Perl syntax highlighting to be, hmmm, not always what it should be.  (As
some have said, only perl can parse Perl).  Any opinions on which editor
has the *best* Perl syntax highlighting?