Re: Debian vs Red Hat??? I need info.

Steve Lamb wrote:

> On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 06:29:01PM -0500, w trillich wrote:
> > there are #NO# pointers from a standard cd-install of slink,
>
> Of course not.  Correct me if I'm wrong but apt didn't really come into
> its own as the standard package tool until potato.

you're probably right. (and you probably know that. :) )

which is why it should not surprise any gurus on this list that
newbies upgrading from slink know nothing about APT or its magic.
they don't rtfm because they don't know about it.

NEWBIES: check out 'apt-get'! it's better than dpkg, which is
better than redhat's rpm 'system'...