Re: OT: Is pgp 2.6.X considered old?

On Sun, May 21, 2000 at 11:41:12 -0700, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> I just installed pgp last night, read some mail this AM, and got a "need
> newer pgp version" message from a tagged post.  I haven't used pgp before,
> so don't know if the "older" version is considered really old now.

More or less. You may want to consider using GnuPG, the GNU Privacy Guard,
which is a free software implementation of the ideas behind PGP and which
doesn't rely on patented algorithms (RSA in the US, IDEA in Europe). If you
need backward compatibility with PGP2, have a look at the gpg-rsa and
gpg-idea packages.

HTH,
Ray
--