rawrite broken from DOS-box under W98? (Was: Re: thinkpad install prob)

    >> Michael Skipper <mskipper@glue.umd.edu> writes:
    >>> When I try to boot from the rescue floppy (downloaded from the
    >>> <http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/
    >>> ch-install-methods.en.html#s-file-descs> area and written to
    >>> floppy with rawrite2 in DOS), the install hangs after the following:

    Robert> Did you write the floppy in _real_ DOS or in a "DOS-box" in Win9x?

    Robert> Every floppy I've written in a "DOS-box" so far wrote fine but
    Robert> didn't work, so I strongly recommend booting into real DOS (via
    Robert> <F8> when "Starting Windows 9x...").

 Have other people exerienced this?  (I've never used Windows >= 3.1,
 so I don't know.)

--
Those who do not study Lisp are doomed to reimplement it - Poorly.
A few months in the laboratory often saves several hours at the library.

mailto:karlheg@debian.org (Karl M. Hegbloom)