Re: apt-get, upgrade, /var/cache/apt/archives

i'm glad this came up. i'm about to renter this zone myself,
starting over from 2.1 slink cd's and then apt-get upgrading
to potato again...

Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> Antonio Rodriguez <arodriguez@worldnet.att.net> writes:
[snip]
> > Questions:
> > 1:) What is the best way to make apt-get use the /archives folder to
> > perform the upgrade and return the system to stage 2. above?
> >
> I use apt-move to build a local partial mirror. You can just point
> your sources.list there and there ya go... ;-)

any chance you could be a bit more verbose/specific?

(i've spent a bit-o-time looking at the apt-move source
and it's a bit fuzzy-gray to me just yet.)

what configs/options would work to tell apt-get to upgrade a
fresh slink from a cd install, to use the *.deb files that
have already been downloaded into /var/cache/apt ...?

Their is five errers in this sentance.