Re: xterm xterm-debian

>>>>> "Andrew" == Pollywog  <pollywog@shadypond.com> writes:

Andrew> On Fri, 19 May 2000, tom@boley.org wrote:

tom> What's the best the best way to avoid having ot reset my terminal
tom> variable everytime I telnet to a site that does not know what
tom> xterm-debian is?  Since this happens quite often it is getting a
tom> little tedious.

Andrew> In the remote .bashrc, put

Andrew> TERM=xterm

The right way:

In the remote .bashrc or .profile or whatever, do

export TERMINFO=$HOME/terminfo:$TERMINFO

On remote system, create a subdirectory ~/terminfo/x/
Copy local /usr/share/terminfo/x/xterm-debian to remote
~/terminfo/x/xterm-debian

(Modification for termcap based remote systems left as exercise for
the user)

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
In his own soul a man bears the source