Re: apt-get install or upgrade from stored archive

I don't thinthat'll work because the directory structure isn't correct, on
a mirror you got
/dists/<distro>/[main|contrib|non-free]/binary-i386/[base|admin|net|etc]/package.deb
you don't have that with your downloaded packages, the best thing you can
do is go to the downloaded .deb and do dpkg -i *.deb, you might need to
add some force options, like the one to avoid version conflicts /
dependencies, perl and libc6 might give problems, YOU SHOULD ONLY USE
THOSE FORCES TO UPGRADE THOSE 2!!
But I must agree with you that there should be some kind of way to easily
downgrade using .debs on your system and apt-get, perhaps a feature that
should be added to apt-get.... who maintains the package???

Ron Rademaker