Re: apt-get install or upgrade from stored archive

Well, lets put the question in a more general manner: What steps should be followed to
avoid this problem in the future? That is, is there any way of keeping the downloaded
upgrade with the dependency structure and everything else, so that in case of a problem
the system can be restored by: 1) Installing from CD, and subsequently 2) Using the
downloaded upgrade?
My system was mesed up, the file system got all upside down after a few unlucky
kernel-lilo changes. So I used the rescue floppy from slink and re-installed from zero.
But I lost all the upgrade!!!! And it really sounds unlikely spending again hours doing
it, especially because I have all the debs in my hard drive!!!
Wait a second, what if I run apt-get update pointing to frozen, and the swithch it to
file:// , would that work?
I would like to hear opinions before attempting it again.
Thanx.