Re: WindowMaker .61 in Slink

(list added to distribution, it appears to have fallen off)

If you're running an X window manager from the system init scripts (look
for a file matching /etc/init.d/*dm), you want to stop it.  The
following should work though it's a bit broad:

    $ for file in /etc/init.d/*dm; do $file stop; done

...this should stop your X windows session.

Otherwise, look for processing matching 'x':

   $ ps lax | grep -i x

...again, that's broad, but one of these should be your X windows
process.  Likely candidates include xdm, kdm, gdm, wdm, xinit, startx,
X, XF86_SVGA, XF86_S3, etc.