Re: help

steven wrote:
i dont know if you can help me but i got a 486 that i am installing windows intoi have upgraded the cdrom to a creative 40x and i can only setup 3.1 from my cd using a win98 bootdiskit lets me install it and says close down to dos and type win to enter but it says invalad dos version

Erm, I'm sure you meant to direct this question to a Windows list, not a Linux list.

Nevertheless, if I understand what you're saying, I suspect that Win3.1 won't run on top of DOS "7" (or whatever Win98 really is). A couple of options:
 1) Use setver to lie to Win3.1 about the version you are running (do a web search on "setver" for more info).
 2) Re-"sys" your drive with a real MS-DOS system disk instead of a Win98 system disk.