Re: Video display question.

Thanks for all the help.  It's much better now.  I was looking at the
alias that starts X and it turns out I had included "startx - --bpp 24"
instead of "startx -- -bpp 24"  so it stayed at 8 bit color.  *blush*
let's just try to keep this between you and I and the hundreds of people
on the list at least one of which might learn from my folly.  ;)