Re: newbie help in setting up mta!

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 07:32:15PM +0000, john smith wrote:
> Can someone please guide me thru setting up masqmail? I am lost. I don't
> know where to begin. masqmail.conf? the docs tell me to configure it first
> using make, make install etc.. but I dont think I have to do that anymore
> since I did not install from source. but as I have said, I am lost. I dont
> know where to begin. please help me to get it up and running.

Apparently, you wish to set things up for a dialup account (masqmail).  I
have never used masqmail, but I have a dialup and was very happy with the
exim mailer.  It has a configuration script (eximconf I believe...) that
makes it simple to set up for a dialup account.  I now use postfix for
various reasons (it's a long story, nothing wrong with exim).  Both are full
mta's.  I think masqmail is quite a bit lighter than either, however, I can
help you set up exim or postfix probably (postfix more likely because that's
what I am currently using).

Sorry I cannot help with masqmail.

--
Pat Mahoney  <pat7@gmx.net>

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do :)