Re: Newbie Slink install CDROM problem on old computer

> If you are like me and your CDROM is hanging off a soundcard or
> add-in card, then hda-hdd isn't enough.  If this is your case, you need
> to add a mount point.  I had that problem with my /dev/hde.
>
> If this is your case and you need to add a mount point, log in as root:
>
> cd /dev
> ls -l hdh             (to see if you already have one)
>
> if not
> ./MAKEDEV -n -v hdh   (-v is verbose, -n is "simulate")

Umm, I'm not trying to be rude, but the above might be confusing.  /dev/hd*
is not a "mount point" but a device.  The mount point can be any directory.
For a cdrom, it's often /mnt/cdrom/ or /cdrom/.  You mount a device on a
mount point:

mount -t iso9660   /dev/hdh   /mnt/cdrom
       fs-type     device     mount-point

--
Pat Mahoney  <pat7@gmx.net>

Hobbes:  Do you have an idea for your story yet?
Calvin:  No, I'm waiting for inspiration.  You can't just turn on
         creativity like a faucet.  You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes:  What mood is that?
Calvin:  Last-minute panic.
                -- From "Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson