Re: Q: Purchasing the Learning Gnu/Debian Book

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 08:20:39AM +0200, Jonathan Gift wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to move from my present distribution to Debian and know you have
> an upcoming 2.2 release coming out soon. Will the book Learning GN/Debian
> Linux still be applicable?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

AFAIK, the book is a published copy of a Debian package.  You can install
this on your Debian system or read it somewhere at Debian's website.  I
would bet that most if not all of the book is the same for the latest dist.

However, I have heard of many problems with the CD that comes in the back of
this book (?), but I never used one. YMMV.

--
Pat Mahoney  <pat7@gmx.net>

Hobbes:  Do you have an idea for your story yet?
Calvin:  No, I'm waiting for inspiration.  You can't just turn on
         creativity like a faucet.  You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes:  What mood is that?
Calvin:  Last-minute panic.
                -- From "Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson