problem with 2.3.99 kernel

I booted to the 2.3.99 kernel and I got errors about shm.  I could
not copy them to a file, so I copied them from 'dmesg'.
dmesg does not show all the errors, but the ones I did see are:

shmget: shm filesystem not mounted
shmget: shm filesystem not mounted
shmget: shm filesystem not mounted

My /etc/fstab:

#
<dump>  <pass>
/dev/sda1       /               ext2    defaults,errors=remount-ro
0      1
/dev/sda3               none            swap    sw          0       0
proc                /proc           proc    defaults    0       0

/dev/fd0        /floppy      vfat    defaults,rw,user,noauto 0 0
/dev/hda        /cdrom      iso9660 ro,user,noauto  0 0
none            /shm          shm     defaults  0 0

Any ideas why I get the errors?

thanks

--
Andrew