Re: Exim Subject rejection, (* **** ***)

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 11:02:51PM +0200, Cherubini Enrico wrote:
> Ciao,
>  Thu, May 04, 2000 at 10:56:13PM +0200, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
>
> > ========= exim.conf ==================
> > message_filter = /etc/exim.filter
> > ========= exim.filter =================
> >
> > # Exim filter
> >
> > if ($h_subject: is "ILOVEYOU" or $h_subject: is "I LOVE YOU") and not
> > error_mess
>
> what if someone change subject ? I can't understand why we should believe
> the virus can be only in email with these subject (or like the penpal friend
> one)

Yep, and I've now seen it with a new subject ("Fwd: Joke") and the name
of the attachment changed to 'Very Funny.vbs'.

> Wouldn't be better do scan email in body searching for fingerprint of macros
> ? maybe it can be of high weight to scan all email, but if you want to do
> something, it's better to do it at the best.

This seems to work fine and dandy:

:0 B
* filename=".*\.vbs"
{
    :0 fbw
    |/bin/sed -e 's/\(name=".*\.vbs\)"/\1.txt"/'
}

That converts all VBScript into .txt.  (well, my actual rule is a bit
more complex, since I also add in an X-Security header and a copy of it
just to make sure things work).

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting