Re: [OT] VBS Script Summary (I love you)

> If you have sendmail and you want to block this virus, you can just add the
> following to your configurations:
>
> HSubject: $>CheckSubject
>
> SCheckSubject
> RILOVEYOU       $#error $: 571 This message likely contains a virus.
>
> You will of course also block any legitimate mail with that subject, but ...
> You may wish to risk it depending on your situation.

for those that care here is what we applied to all our .mc files
(/etc/mail/sendmail.mc).

LOCAL_RULESETS
# to block the i love you virus.
HSubject:			$>Check_Subject
D{MPat}ILOVEYOU
D{MMsg}Blocked, may contain the i love you virus.  More at: http://www.europe.datafellows.com/v-descs/love.htm
#
SCheck_Subject
R${MPat} $*			$#error $: 553 ${MMsg}
RRe: ${MPat} $*			$#error $: 553 ${MMsg}
RFW: ${MPat} $*			$#error $: 553 ${MMsg}

just put it at the end of your .mc file and run sendmailconfig and you
should be protected.  make sure that the spaces seperating the left hand
side from the right hand side are tabs not spaces (ie. don't cut and paste
it and thing it'll be okay :-).

adam.