Re: /etc/ioctl.save?

Hello,

Marc Haber <debian-user.lists.debian.org@marc-haber.de> wrote:

>I'd like to know what /etc/ioctl.save is and to which package it
>belongs. That file gets touched on every system boot and therefore
>needs special attention with the IDS. Any hints how to stop that
>behavior or what package to file a bug against?

The program is /sbin/init or /sbin/telinit, the package name is
sysvinit. See "man init" for the meaning of ioctl.save.

Have you tried the usual workarounds for problems like that?

  chmod 000 /etc/ioctl.save
or
  ln -s /dev/null /etc/ioctl.save
or
  touch /var/local/ioctl.save
  ln -s /var/local/ioctl.save /etc/ioctl.save

Harald

--
Harald Weidner                  http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/~weidner/