Re: viewing pdf from mutt - procmail question?

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 16:47:38 -0400, Lee Bradshaw wrote:
> I can view pdf attachments from mutt if they have mime headers like

> However I get quite a few emails with

> Does anyone have a reliable way for modifying the Content-Type and
> changing octet-stream to a useable type (pdf in this case)?

I'd approach this in a different way (besides educating people about the
proper use of MIME types of course):
create a viewer script for application/octet-stream which saves its input in
a temporary file, runs
	file -b thetempfile | magic2mime
to determine the proper MIME type, and then view it using the "see" program
from mime-utils.

HTH,
Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.