POP3 using SSH

Hello

I tried fetching mail using fetchmail in conjunction with SSH. My setup is as follows: (replaced original FQDN)

poll mailhost.net via localhost port 1234 with proto pop3:
        preconnect "ssh -f -L 1234:mailhost.net:110 mailhost.net sleep 20 </dev/null >/dev/null";

This corresponds to the what the man page tells me to do. Using this exact setup, I get a parse error at "user", which is the line following the above one. I don't know how to correct this. May someone show me their [working] config-file?

Cheers
Sven