Re: startup/connection trubble [was Modules & name resolution]

> i'm getting into this debate.
> what's the switches for ps that'll show all the daemons i'm running?
> just ps just gives me the obvious processes.

ps aux | more for linux or bsd, etc

or ps -fu for SunOS

> > no, NFS == Network File System (more accuratly known as No File
> > Security ;-)   it is for exporting parts/all of your filesystem to
> > other *nix hosts, while its possible to export to win* boxes its a
> > very bad idea (unless you squash all uids and export read-only) since
> > exporting to win* user == giving out root access.  (this is true of

unless you know how to configure it properly, running NFS is a crazy choice
;)
Even when it is configured properly, nah, it's a very very bad idea ;)

--
Eugene Teo (eugeneteo@eugeneteo.net) - http://linux.com.sg