Re: more real runlevels?

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 01:17:42PM -0700, brian moore wrote:

> > > If so, what _is_ the proper way to do this with Debian?
>
> You can just delete the links you don't want

I've always felt that it's better to change the link from S to K,
instead of just deleting it.

Say for example you delete the xdm link from runlevels 2, 3, and 4. So
you change to 5, xdm starts. You change back to 2, and xdm stays
running. To me the desired behavior would be that xdm is killed...

Anyway, at worst this post might prevent people from deleting links and
wondering why things aren't killed when lowering runlevels ;)

--
  finger for GPG public key.