Re[4]: Docbook: Graphics for navigation links

Felix Natter <fnatter@gmx.net> wrote:

> > Docbook Modular stylesheets. I think text vs. graphic nav links is a
> > stylesheet issue, no?
>
> That would make sense to me, but I have no idea about docbook (yet).
> Try "docbook the definitive guide": http://www.docbook.org
> or post to comp.text.sgml/xml

I have the book, but it doesn't cover the stylesheets. I've posted the
question to the docbook-apps list.

> when running openjade (or onsgmls) I get lots of errors, some of which
> are in the dtd:

My guide for xml->html is the very excellent Debian SGML/XML Howto:

http://www.debian.org/~bortz/SGML-HOWTO/

which covers DocBook XML. For instance, an xml document might start like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE book  PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBk XML V3.1//EN"
     "dtd/docbook-xml/docbookx.dtd">

and then (assuming the source is 'newsite.xml' and your stylesheet driver is
'newsite.dsl') be converted with

jade -t sgml -d newsite.dsl /usr/lib/sgml/declaration/xml.dcl newsite.xml

Did you have a declare file (.dcl) in your command?

--
Bob Bernstein                  http://www.ruptured-duck.com