Re: Installing without rebooting (running the installation proggie from within Linux)

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 10:02:40PM +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > Is it possible to run the Debian installation program on a workstation
> > which runs Linux?
> >
> > Is it possible to simply mount whatever floppy image I need off
> > /dev/fd0 and run the installation program?
> > If so, what is the program's name?
> >
> you may try a chroot-ed environment. man chroot

While this is fine for building up a system once the base image has been
created, I believe you'll find it easiest to install the base by booting
the system.

Of course, you could install base to another box and walk it over (tar,
cpio, foo).

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>           http:/www.netcom.com/~kmself
    http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/