Re: Semi-frequent lock-ups

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 08:42:09AM -0400, chris horn. wrote:
> Hi. I'm running with packages from the newest update of Slink off the
> ftp.cs.unm.edu/mirrors/debian Debian2.1r5 site, with kernel "2.2.14 #4
> SMP Sun Feb 6 12:02:09 EST 2000 i686"
>
> I've been getting hard lockups lately, and want to know how to track them
> down.  I've looked in all my logs (immediately after reboot), but can't
> seem to find anything important, or telling. Is someone taking me down,
> or is something going wrong internally? How can I find out? From what I
> can tell, the last two have been about a half an hour after the morning
> cron job (6:25am) tidies the system up. The last thing in the syslog
> last time was a mail related line. This time, there wasn't anything.

I'd check /var/log/kern.log.

Looks like you've identified your mobo as a likely cause of the
problems.  I've been having a similar set of problems with a work system
(home box on similar Debian config but different hardware is fine), with
crashes every few days.

I've posted to the linux-kernel mailing list with a full bug report,
most recently here:
http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0004.3/0110.html

So far, no responses :-(