Installing without rebooting (running the installation proggie from within Linux)

Hi all:

Is it possible to run the Debian installation program on a workstation
which runs Linux?

My friend has given me his HD to install Debian onto it, and I hooked
it up and partitioned already. I would like to do an FTP install for
him without losing my productivity (read: without booting off a
floppy).

Is it possible to simply mount whatever floppy image I need off
/dev/fd0 and run the installation program?
If so, what is the program's name?

If anyone has had experience with doing this, I would appreciate any
suggestions.
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.