PPP problems.

I've recently got an account with the UK ISP "RedHotAnt". I've used pppconfig to get the dial-up connection working.

My problem is this:

1) I can ping hosts on the internet and traceroute to them but I cannot seem to get any other traffic.

2) Starting a telnet session to a host on the internet, I only see the login prompt after the session has timed out.

3) Using tcpdump I see mostly outbound traffic and very little inbound traffic.

I had "dnrd" installed and removing it's /etc/ppp/ip-up.d script seems to allow DNS look ups to work.

I also had VMWare installed but have removed it's dummy network kernel modules in case they were having a bad effect.

I am using unstable Debian (updated every day) which was originally Slink. I am using kernel 2.2.14 with the "dummy" module loaded.

I have other ISP dial-ups (Demon and BT Internet) which work fine. And I know of another Debian user who uses RedHotAnt but via ISDN. I also know a Mandrake Linux user who has no problems.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers. Ashley