Re: help...

Ignite Projeck Acid wrote:
  > hi there!! i juz bought this cd of debian recently & have tried installing.
      >.. oh ya.. i am also trying to co-exist with my windows95. Anyway... it
      >seems my video card Creative GeForce Pro 32mb cant work wif linux proper

You may need to ask on X newsgroups about this.  I see that the current release
of XFree86 knows about these:

NAME Creative Labs Graphics Blaster MA201
NAME Creative Labs Graphics Blaster MA202
NAME Creative Labs Graphics Blaster MA302
NAME Creative Labs Graphics Blaster MA334
NAME Creative Labs Graphics Blaster 3D
NAME Creative Labs Graphics Blaster Eclipse (OEM Model CT6510)
NAME Creative Labs Savage 4  3D Blaster
NAME Creative Blaster Exxtreme
NAME Creative Labs 3D Blaster PCI (Verite 1000)

If none of these is close enough, you could try using the SVGA or VGA16
driver, in the hope that their generic modes would work.  Configuration of X
is the trickiest part of the whole setup procedure.

      >ly? not supported i guess? how can i make it supported?? Please... even
      >my sound card  ESS1938 cant work. I feel abit uncomfortable with out hav
      >ing sounds on desktop & since now i cant even install properly.

Sound is not compiled in by default, because there are too many different
sound cards.  You need to compile a kernel version with sound support, and
then use ALSA as a kernel module.

http://www.debian.org/distrib/books

  >Oh ya..lastly, can i play windows games on debian linux???

You can install wine and try using that; it probably won't work for much
Microsoft
stuff, because Microsoft use unpublished API, but 3rd-party stuff may well
work.
     "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly
      above all that we ask or think, according to the power
      that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by
      Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end.
      Amen."          Ephesians 3:20,21