Newbie Questions

I have never used any version of Unix in the past, let alone Linux. I have been playing with Slink on a PC at work, and I would now like to install it at home. The problem is that my machine at work has a bootable ATAPI CD-ROM drive, so I could install right off of the CD. My machine at home has a LVD Ultra SCSI hard drive connected to an Initio SPEEDWAY U2W INI-A100U2W PCI-Ultra2 SCSI Bus Master Host Adapter, and my CD-ROM drive is a SONY DVD (5th generation) drive with an IDE interface. I know I am going to have to load from floppies, but how do I do this. Also, the Initio site only has drivers listed for Red Hat, Caldera, BSD, and a category called patches& clean up drivers. Will one of these drivers work with Debian? Lastly, I need a good book that goes into detail on how to do everything (ie installing a nic, a modem, compile Kernels, setup email, etc.) I had heard that there was going to be a "Debian GNU/Linux for Dummies" book published, but IDG claims they don't know anything about it.

Sincerely,
Jon D. Irish
Jon D. Irish
Technical Lead - Patriot Project Office