Having trouble with USR v90 56K Internal Voice modem

Good Morning;

I've just recently installed debian on my computer. I'm having trouble
with 2 things.

1) I recently purchased a USR v90 56k Internal Voice modem, I tryed to detect
   my modem under debian it couldn't find it. but apon checking windows it
listed as COM 5, how do I get debian to detect com5

2) Currently I use a boot disk to access debian partition, because when I
previously installed it. It didn't detect and was unable my dos/win partition

wyldkard lilo.conf

		boot=/dev/hda1
		root=/dev/hda3
		install=/boot/boot.b
		map=boot/map
		delay=20
		image=/vmlinuz
			label=linux
			read-only
		other=/dev/hda1
			label=dos
			table=/dev/hda

I after saving this lilo.conf ran the /sbin/lilo to update it,
but apon rebooting it was only able to executed my linux partition, tho it
show apon press the crtl + tab, it does show dos..

thanks

Richard Broza
wwolf@intergate.bc.ca