Re: Having trouble with USR v90 56K Internal Voice modem

> 1) I recently purchased a USR v90 56k Internal Voice modem, I tryed to detect
>    my modem under debian it couldn't find it. but apon checking windows it
> listed as COM 5, how do I get debian to detect com5

are you sure, it is no winmodem? if it is ok, then you possibly have to
enable "extended serial port support" (or something like that) in the
kernel. possibly you have just to add some kernel parameter to lilo.conf

> 2) Currently I use a boot disk to access debian partition, because when I
> previously installed it. It didn't detect and was unable my dos/win partition
>
> wyldkard lilo.conf
>
> 		boot=/dev/hda1
> 		root=/dev/hda3
> 		install=/boot/boot.b
> 		map=boot/map
> 		delay=20
> 		image=/vmlinuz
> 			label=linux
> 			read-only
> 		other=/dev/hda1
> 			label=dos
> 			table=/dev/hda

you have installed lilo in the boot sector of the dos partition. so if you
try to boot it from the menu, you will re-load lilo itself, so you
thoeretically get into a infinite loop.
make "boot=/dev/hda" to install it in the mbr. note, that you probably
have to "sys c:" after a boot from a dos floppy to make dos bootable
again.
oh - it surely won´t hurt, if you make the map= line
"map=/boot/map"
     ^

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.