Re: debian on newer kernel

Sunil Pandey wrote:

>         I am trying to install  debian  2.1r5(slink)  on  my  comp.  One
> question that I want to ask is.. is it  possible  to  get  debian  for a
> newer version of kernel (say like kernel 2.2.1).
>
> --
> Sunil Pandey <sunny@cse.iitb.ernet.in>
>
> Doubt is a programmer's BEST enemy.
>
>   ------------------------------------------------------------
>    Part 1.2Type: application/pgp-signature
Sure, no problem. Running a standard Slink, with 2.2.14
kernel. The new kernels are really good! It actually gave me
slightly more speed on my previous machine, a 486/100.
Compiling a kernel is not that hard, and it gives you a
faster boot, and a faster machine, since you can tailor the
kernel to your needs.
Checkout the kernel-howto at Debian.org for more info.
Regards
Vitux

--
Death comes to us in various guises,